Welcome to MacAthena
The instructions to install MacAthena are on a separate page
Eventually, the MacAthena project would like to offer:
- Full command-line compatibility with Linux Athena
- Cocoa applications to provide easy-to-use interfaces to common Athena tasks
- A package based system allowing MacAthena users to setup anything from a few utilities to a system with Kerberos-based logins and AFS home directories
- Support in common lockers, providing MacAthena users with access to the wealth of software available in AFS
What We Have
At this point, we have the following major features:
Available by installing macathena-basic
- /mit automounter - Access AFS lockers simply accessing paths of the form /mit/locker, eliminating the need to actually attach lockers.
- Moira clients, including blanche, stella, and moira
Available by Installing macathena-standard
(Many of these commands are not frequently used, but some locker programs depend on their presence)
Q: Package xyz that I really care about isn't in MacAthena! Why not?
A: Well, it's possible we just haven't tried to port it yet, or maybe we haven't gotten it to work. We keep a list of packages we're having a hard time porting.
- TracGuide -- Built-in Documentation
- The Trac project -- Trac Open Source Project
- Trac FAQ -- Frequently Asked Questions
- TracSupport -- Trac Support
For a complete list of local wiki pages, see TitleIndex.